These apple ring pancakes are gluten-free and higher in fiber than traditional pancakes. It’s pretty awesome to be able to enjoy a pancake and still see results! Just exercise portion control and skip the syrup.
Here’s what you need…
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup flax meal
- 2 dates, pitted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ banana
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice and zest
- 3 green apples, washed, cored, and cut into six slices
- Preheat a pancake griddle and lightly grease with coconut oil.
- Combine all the ingredients, except the apple slices, in a food processor and mix until fully combined. Pour the batter into a shallow bowl.
- Dip each sliced apple ring into the batter, and rub to fully cover it. Transfer to the preheated griddle and cook as you would a regular pancake. Repeat with all of the apple slices. Serve with a little sprinkle of cinnamon. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 258 calories, 12g fat, 90mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate, 9g fiber, and 6g protein.