The holidays are in full force and so far you’ve been lucky and the viruses circling the block and your house have missed you. What can you do to keep healthy and end the year on a high note?
Here are a few tips for you:
- Wash your hands – this is a no-brainer! Keep those hands free of germs by washing whenever you come into contact with an infected person and especially before eating.
- Stay in control of stress – I know the holidays can really bring a person to the brink, but take a few moments to yourself throughout the day to just … breathe. Stay calm, it’ll all be over soon!
- Sleep! – You’d be surprised how much the amount and quality of sleep you get can affect your well-being. Make sure you’re getting to bed at a decent time and getting solid sleep.
- Keep your cooking surfaces clean – wipe down all prep areas with antibacterial products prior to and after use.
- Do not drink and drive – if you will be imbibing, make sure you have a designated driver to get you both home safely.
- Stay active – if you can’t make it into the gym, take a walk around the block with your pets, take your kids to the park, walk around the mall if you’re up for that sort of thing. Just keep your body moving – it’ll help with the stress as well.
- Eat as healthy as you can – Eat those veggies and fruits and keep a pack of almonds in your pocket for the times you’re looking for a snack.
With these tips, you’re giving yourself the best advantage to stay healthy through the holidays.